Dr. Busch

Dr. Busch

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Babies, Chiropractic & Health...

I had the honor of treating the child of a young man I was fortunate of helping to mentor a few years ago, who is now off and impacting the next generations. In the same morning I was able to examine and treat his two month old baby along with mom, dad who were all involved in an accident a week or so ago. It was an interesting experience and you take the pressure off the nervous system of one who has only a small amount of experiences and able to improve their lives today and potentially for a lifetime. It's interesting what we do and say today, how it will affect people to depths we may never know.

I meet with a group of guys for breakfast every Wednesday morning, many of which are pastors some young, some retired. I look up to everyone of these guys and admire their character and wisdom and the families they have produced and got a little taken back today. I had the eldest and retired pastor tell me of how, in me introducing him to a concept of making markers through life for young men so they have rights of passage to manhood, he has passed it onto another father he meets with and how this concept has brought healing and reconciliation to a strained father-son relationship. I obviously take absolutely no credit for this, but it does bring this to a point I hope we can focus on today and the days going forward.

Let me tell you about the starfish story. There was a man walking along the beach in the early morning hours and in the distance he saw a shape of what looked like someone dancing on the beach. as he approached closer he noticed that it was a boy flinging starfish out in to the ocean. When he looked around he saw litteraly hundreds of starfish that had washed up on the shore from the evening's high tide. He went to the boy and and said, 'Son what are you doing, there is no way you can possible to save all of these starfish.' The boy responded, 'That doesn't really matter, but it does matter to this one.' as he took the starfish in his hand and flung in out in to the ocean.

Let me paraphrase a famous poem written by Dr. Palmer 'The biggness of the fellow within': We remove the pressure off the nerve of a baby, their heart, lungs, stomach, etc. will work better, you multiply that by time and we have potentially years without so many of the ailments, disorders, etc. which plague our society today. Then multiply that baby by the millions of babies born every day, and now you can positively affect the well-being of a generation. Now let's look at the ripple effect, caring for sick kids is so amazingly hard on parents, marriages and other relationships. You help restore health to a sick or prevent a sickness in a child, you positively affect men and women to not have so much strife in their homes, and you may just maybe, even if it is only one, saved a marriage or a future.

I recall a story involving a mom of two teenage boys who had gone to four medical doctors, three chiropractors, half a dozen therapist and still suffered with almost constant migraine headaches. She came in with a large stack of notes and told me this was her records and in there was all I needed to know to help her. I politely slid the stack to the side, and said, 'Isn't this a stack of all that didn't work? How about we take a fresh approach and look for the cause of this ailment?' I have to admit, I wanted to look at the stack to see if the easy answer might just be there, but I contended to give the best, expect the best and let the chips fall where they may. Within a few weeks she was completely headache free and she referred to our clinic her son, Steven. After one of his adjustments, he stopped me at the door, and said, 'Hey Dr. Busch, I want to say Thanks.' I said, 'No problem, that is what we are here for,' and proceeded to the door. He put his foot up to the door to keep it closed and with tears welling up in his eyes, he said, 'No Dr. Busch, thank you for giving us our mom back. For the many years we've had to miss out on going places and doing things due to mom having to sleep in a dark room. She came to my entire soccer game yesterday and I got my mom back, so really, Thank You!' Was that problem corrected a small thing worth only a couple bucks to most insurance companies, who see us a cattle to me managed? I contend it gave back that family health and hope for the future.

Make a difference in the world around you, look past your hurts, frustrations and anxieties and touch people's lives with the hope that comes truly only from Jesus & health that is not about managing symptoms, but correcting the cause and you too can change the world!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment