Dr. Busch

Dr. Busch

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Cold, but Pressing On!

I woke to -15 degrees this morning and it made me realize how many elements are daily attacking this amazing human body with which we have been gifted. Cold when it hits the nervous system has to respond by shunting blood to protect vital organs, especially to protect the brain & nervous system itself. This amazing body in it's attempt to create self-preservation stimulated my adrenal glands so I would have the proper 'attack' emotional response and press through to get to a place of warm as soon as possible or not get complacent in the elements and get nasty things like frostbite or worse.

All this while I just thought I wanted a warm cup of coffee or warmer socks. One of the elements I strive to teach students at CSU-Pueblo is that I can teach them the parts of anatomy or elements of health, but if they don't grasp a healthy respect and awe for this human frame, all the study in the world will be for naught. The 8+ million functions the nervous system does every day, the 41 enzymes produced in the liver per hour, the ability to touch, see (even the amazing functions there, we'll save that for another post), hear, speak, love and be loved. Wow, even after more than 20 years studying the human body, I am on a day like today still amazed and in awe of this amazing creation.

Keep warm, Be Positive & Love without Reservation!

Your Biggest Fan,
Dr. J. Douglas Busch
Club Manor Clinic - 719-544-7744
Prof. Exercise Science & Biology - CSU-Pueblo

No comments:

Post a Comment